Meet Jeff - our Chief Ironer at Be the Sign
Application + Care Instructions ....
Fabric recommendation: 100% cotton, 50/50 poly cotton and tri-blends (just stay away from 100% polyester)
1. Empty your iron of all water. Pre-heat and place the iron on the absolute highest heat. DO NOT use the steam setting. Lay garment on a hard, clean surface and smooth out any wrinkles and creases. Note: If your garment is a wrinkly mess you may want to pre-iron the fabric before applying the iron-on.
2. Place the iron-on, letter side down, on the fabric. Center it from the neck and the sides as evenly as possible (you'll do fine!). Note: The design can be cut and rearranged if desired.
3. Using your cosmic strength, move the iron from side to side. Slowly repeat side to side motion until the transfer is heated. Iron should continuously move on each section of the iron-on for ~60 seconds. Note: It's normal for the paper to discolor during the ironing process.
4. Seal the edges of the letters by pressing them with the tip of the iron. The paper will be hot to the touch.
5. LET COOL COMPLETELY! I know you're anxious, but "believe me". Check Twitter while you wait...on second thought...try meditating. Wait approximately 10 minutes. Carefully lift the corner and peel gently. If the iron-on sticks to the paper, lay the paper back down and repeat the process. Remember, it must be COOL (like you) before removing the paper.
6. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are STRONG, BRILLIANT, AWESOME and the world needs to hear what you have to say!
P.S. Do not, I repeat, do not attempt to iron over the iron-on after you've removed the paper. If you must look perfect (by the way, you already do), lay a scrap fabric in between your iron and the iron-on OR iron inside out on a lower heat.
Wash Instructions: Wash normally (cool/med water, like colors) and dry on a delicate cycle. It's best to wash it inside out. Do not dry clean. The iron-on must set for 24 hours before washing.
WARNING: Adult supervision recommended for children under age 12.